Sunday, March 1, 2009

CHRIS THOMAS KING - RED MUD 1998

The son of Louisiana bluesman Tabby Thomas makes an acoustic with real bite to it on this outing. Daddy Tabby joins him for a remake of "Hoodoo Party" and "Bus Station Blues," but for the rest of the album, it's mostly Chris working out on various resonator dobro guitars and harmonica. Besides nine of his originals on this 14-tracker, he boldly takes on a pair of... More Robert Johnson tunes ("Rambling On My Mind" and "Come On In My Kitchen") and Son House's "Death Letter Blues" in the midst of contemporary offerings like the urban "Alive" and the poppish "Wanna Die With a Smile On My Face." There's just as much of a folk vibe to this session as there is a blues one, and the blend works well for Thomas' all-encompassing style. ~ Cub Koda, All Music Guide





Tracks :

Red Mud
If It Ain't One Thang, It's Two
Soon This Morning Blues
Come on in My Kitchen
I'm on Fire
Sinking Feelin'
Alive
Dark Cloud
Hoodoo Party
Rambling on My Mind
Wanna Die With a Smile on My Face
Death Letter Blues
Bus Station Blues
Raining Angels

Link : @

Artwork Included

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
tracker tracker